Once confirmed as our guest, please fill out our Guest Information Form.
Getting to Hakai Pass for fabulous British Columbia salmon fishing and halibut fishing-
Once in Vancouver, your Ole's Hakai Pass all-inclusive fishing adventure begins at the Seair Seaplane Terminal. Our departure from the Seair float plane dock is at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday or Friday on a Cessna Caravan charter flight with Seair Seaplanes. You will arrive in Hakai Pass after a one hour and 40 minute direct flight to Ole's floating fishing lodge in Barney Bay, British Columbia. You will arrive at the fishing lodge in time for a West Coast snacks, your orientation and a moring fish before lunch then an afternoon of great salmon fishing adventures.
The return trip.
On the return portion of your BC fishing trip you will be arriving in Vancouver at about 12:00 noon on Tuesday or Friday. Please allow 4-5 hours for connecting flights if you plan to continue traveling on departure day, to allow for transfer to the main terminal or because of delays due to fog, weather or air traffic which are beyond our control. We recommend staying over in Vancouver and departing the following morning, refreshed and relaxed.
Some points to remember which will assist you in making your BC fishing trip with Ole's a smooth one:
- Luggage should be of the soft-sided or duffle bag style and limited to 20lbs. per person, allowing room for your fish on the return leg of your fishing trip. For guests who wish to leave some luggage at the terminal Seair offers Free Luggage storage for additional baggage that you do not want to bring to the lodge.
- If some one needs to contact you in case of an emergency they can call our Campbell River office at 250-287-8303 and have the message relayed to Ole's Fishing Lodge as we don't have cell phone service at Hakai Pass. We do have direct satellite telephone service for emergencies as well by calling 1-604-629-9866.
- We do have complementary wireless satellite based internet at Ole's so feel free to bring your wireless devices or lap top computers.
- Remember to bring your camera (extra memory cards and charger), sun screen and sunglasses. Also pack some warm comfortable clothing (layers work best), fleece items, wool socks and gloves as the mornings can be cool. We have everything else you will need for fishing including waterproof floater suits, rubber boots and lucky fishing hats. Our waters are usually very calm and protected but just in case you are susceptible to motion sickness, be sure to bring what works for you. And don't forget your swimsuit for some after fishing relaxation in the hot tub. Feel free to bring along your favorite hard beverage.
- Plan to arrive at the The Seair Seaplane Terminal 60 minutes before departure to allow for check in and boarding. Seair offers free coffee to enjoy while you wait for your flight to depart or your shuttle to arrive. Check in at the Seair Seaplane Counter for the Ole's Charter to confirm departure dock, air traffic and weather updates.
- Complimentary Shuttle Service is available from Seair to the Main Terminal. For guests who are driving to Vancouver, Seair offers free parking accross the street from their terminal and there is also pay parking available at both Airports. Guests arriving the night prior to trip commencement can take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service provided by the hotels recommended in Vancouver.
- We recommend an overnight stay in Vancouver to take advantage of what this great city has to offer, not to mention having a chance to refresh your self for the trip home. Please make accommodation arrangements as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We suggest the hotels listed below, as they all have complimentary shuttle service to both Vancouver Airports, The Seair Seaplane terminal and freezer storage for fish on your return. Should you wish to tour the area before departing and not have to worry about your fish Seair offers complementary freezer storage for your frozen fish while you enjoy the area. Simply arrange to pick your fish up before you depart for home.
Our printable Trip Planner will assist you with all your trip planning questions.
Current BC Fishing Charter Package Rates